A Liebster Award Nomination For Life, Day By Day
I have been very busy for the last seven days that I could not get on-line till late evenings, so you can imagine how many e-mails and messages I have not read. If I was really tired, I would just check my mobile browser and see if there is anything important, otherwise I'd go to bed. Tonight after putting my little girl to sleep, I saw that there was a message on this blog's Facebook Fanpage. So, I decided to open my laptop to check it out. Well, surprise, surprise! It was a message informing me that Mom Chronicles nominated Life, Day By Day for the Liebster Award. Thank you so much! I am honored that someone would even think that my blog was worth nominating. Now, I am not a person who cares much about getting recognition but, honestly...this one felt good even if I had absolutely never heard of this award before...hahaha.
So, what is a Liebster Blog Award?
Well, it seems that conditions for accepting the award have undergone some changes since it first began, because here are the new ones:
- A link back to the one who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions that your nominator set for you in your post.
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
- Create 11 questions for the people you’ve nominated to answer in their post.
- Nominate 11 people and link your nominees' websites in your post.
- Go to their page and tell them.
Why the number eleven? Who knows? And here is a bit of trivia - Liebster is a German word and can mean any of the following: sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Mom Chronicles 11 questions:
- What’s your favorite book?
- I have no one "favorite" book. There are several books I love, mostly real-life stories. I don't like reading fiction.
- It used to be comedies but it's been a long time since I watched television for more than an hour. Well, I like cartoons :)
- Any 5 star resort with white fine sandy beach
- My laptop has become my extra appendage. It keeps me in touch with the world.
- My reading glasses
- my mother...because she is a woman of great character and substance.
- I started a blog in 2003 but only began to take it seriously in November of 2011.
- live simply, love without measure, believe in miracles, follow the golden rule
- I often cry...be it a movie, a talk, or anything that touches me.
- When all my loved ones are together and happy
- My family and my work
Eleven things about myself:
- I have 2 adopted children, one college graduate and one pre-schooler, making me a single mom.
- When I was 20, I was told by a boy I had a crush on that I would never be able to get married because "I always liked to win"...and then, when I was 28, an uncle told me that it would be hard for me to find a husband because "I was too intelligent". They were both right
- I would endlessly draw in class during my elementary grades because I wanted to be a dress designer. My Dad punished me for using up reams of pad paper by not giving me money to buy more.
- I wanted to take up Fine Arts in college but my parents thought that was not a real career...so I took up Medicine instead.
- I hate studying and every year, I hoped I would fail all my subjects. But even if I was not really studying that well, I would pass majority of them and get removal exams for those with grades below 75 but above 70. I'd pass...oh boo!
- My mom never bought me make-up, so when I started earning I bought a lot of eye shadows, lipsticks, blushers...etc. Of course, since I rarely use make-up, I eventually gave most of them away to friends.
- I used to have all kinds of allergies. But by the time I reached my 30's, they all disappeared...oh, except for my early morning rhitinis.
- I passed through menopause with nary a whimper...before I even knew it was happening, it was over!
- For 10 years, our mechanic tried to patiently teach me how to drive but I only learned how to move the car forward...then, my father died and I had to drive properly otherwise my mom and brother would never be able to hear Sunday mass. Well, it took only a day for him to teach me. You should have seen his incredulous expression. My Dad was probably rolling in laughter in heaven.
- I am frank and forthright and so, sometimes my mouth talks faster than my brain. This gets me into trouble a lot of times.
- I am happy with what I have become...in spite of all the lemons life has thrown, God has been good to me and my family. This is why I believe in miracles.
- Glamourholic Mom
- Life With A Parasite
- Nickle Loves To Blog
- Ideas in Pink
- Me Loves Cooking
- My Daily Mooosings in The Netherlands
- Pearl's Window Shopping
- The Pepperrific Life
- The Joys of A Simple Life
- The Toilet Thoughts
- MYE Domain
And last but not least, my 11 questions...
- Where and how do you cross a street?
- Who is your favorite cartoon character and why?
- If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it? Why?
- What are your hopes and dreams today?
- What are you afraid of?
- What do you believe in?
- If you could be anyone in this world, who would you be?
- What are the 3 most important things in life to you and why?
- Who is the famous person alive today that you would like to meet?
- What is the maximum amount that you would spend on something you like?
- How healthy are you?
There you go! I hope you have as much fun as I did doing this. It's takes a bit of time, but writing all these down told me some things that I have forgotten about myself. This was really a good exercise in retrospection.
PS: Please don't forget to link us back when you post! I would love to read everyone's answers :) Thanks!